Paradise Honors High School students and staff continue their focus in the classroom to meet and exceed grade-level expectations. As Spring is quickly approaching, state testing is just around the corner. The following link from the Arizona Department of Education will provide you with any information you might need in regard to these assessments. As you click on the Assessment drop-down on the right side of the screen, you will find an overview of each assessment, the content that is covered, and sample practice materials to support preparation.
Testing Dates & Exams
- Thursday, March 23rd: Juniors will take the Arizona Science (AZSci) during the regularly scheduled school day. Dismissal will be at the normal time (3:00 PM).
- Tuesday, April 4th: Freshmen will take the ACT Aspire. This assessment will give us useful information as to if your student is on track for the ACT assessment in 11th-grade to support instruction.
- Tuesday, April 4th: Juniors will take the ACT. These are official ACT scores. These test scores can be used for college admission and/or scholarships.
April 4th School Schedule
On Tuesday, April 4th, all 9th and 11th-grade students will be testing on campus. 10th and 12th-grade students are not required to attend school on April 4th as all staff will be supporting testing on this day.
On April 4th, the school day dismissal will be determined by the test and grade level.
- 11th-grade students taking the ACT will be dismissed upon completion of the assessment, between 1-1:30 PM, depending on the room progress of ALL testers. Students can not be released until ALL testers have completed the assessment within the room. For those who do not have their own transportation or are unable to be picked up following testing, we will have an overflow room for them until the end of the regular school day. Busing will be provided at 3 PM.
- 9th-grade students taking the ACT Aspire will be testing for the duration of the school day as their test timing is longer than the ACT. This assessment will be completed between 2:30-3:00 PM, depending on the room progress of ALL testers. Busing will be provided at 3 pm.
All assessments will be taken on school-issued Chromebooks because of the software requirements. Students will need to come to school with their fully charged Chromebooks and their charger to ensure that their computer is charged for the duration of testing.
Additional ACT Resources for Students & Families
ACT practice resources from the ACT website. More ACT practice resources from this blog. The authors help break down the sections of the ACT. Is a simplified version of what to expect all in one place. Another resource is ACT Kaplan Practice.
If you or your student have any questions regarding testing, please contact Kimberly Stillings at [email protected]
All the best,
Paradise Honors High School Leadership