Families in Transition
McKinney-Vento Homelessness Program
If your family lives in any of the following situations:
- In a shelter, motel, vehicle, or campground
- On the street
- In an abandoned building, trailer, or other inadequate accommodations, or
- Doubled up with friends or relatives because you cannot find or afford housing
then, your school-aged children have certain rights or protections under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act.
If you feel that you may be eligible under the McKinney Vento Act, please complete the Student Residency Questionnaire Form at your child’s school office or contact your local education liaison Synthia Story-White at 623-546-7200.
Paradise Schools Policy and Rights for Homeless Students
Shelter and Housing Needs Information
- www.ArizonaSelfHelp.org (Free confidential way to find out if you qualify for various community benefits)
- National Center for Homeless Education
- EveryoneOn: providing low-cost internet service and refurbished computers
- Dental Schools here in the Valley that offer free or reduced-cost dental services